This website is owned by Simon Watson and Kevin Boyd. In addition to the content on the Website, the Website provides you with various opportunities to submit content and purchase goods or services (“Services”). BY USING OUR WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“Agreement”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE AND EXIT IMMEDIATELY. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR AMEND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“Terms”) OF THIS AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. WE WILL POST CHANGES ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY FOR ANY SUCH CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL MEAN YOU ACCEPT THOSE CHANGES.
These Terms were last updated on April 1, 2018.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to your participation in our site. If you wish to use the site, including its tools and services, please read these terms carefully. By accessing the site, using any part of the site, or any content or services thereof, you agree to become bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions, then you may not access the site or use the content of any services on the site.
Amendments to this Agreement can be made and affected by us from time to time without specific notice to your end. Agreement posted on the site reflects the latest Agreement and you should carefully review the same before you use our site.
3. USE OF THE SITE
The site allows you to browse movie reviews, contact its staff, and participate in its forum, contests, and other services. However, you are prohibited to do the followings acts, to wit: (a) use our services or tools if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our site, services, or tools; (b) posting of item(s) in an inappropriate category or areas on our site and services; (c) collecting information about users’ personal information; (d) post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content; and (d) take any action that might damage the rating system.
Do not provide User Submission that:
– Depicts any children under the age of 18, unless you affirm that you have written permission from the child’s parent or guardian to provide the photo or video.
– Contains copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
– Contains obscene, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
– Is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
– Violates any right of the Company or any third party.
– Discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
– Violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
– Interferes with any third party’s uninterrupted use of the Website.
– Advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services.
– Disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of Extrafeatures.ca, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through Extrafeatures.ca or affiliated or linked sites.
– Sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual, or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
WARNING: A VIOLATION OF THESE POSTING RULES MAY BE REFERRED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. Company reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, if such a violation has occurred, and to remove any such User Submission from the Website.
4. USER’S OBLIGATIONS:
User agrees that it will not:
– Use the Website or the User Submissions for any unlawful purposes;
– Violate these Terms; any Additional Terms; or any local, state, federal or international law, rule or regulation;
– Violate, misappropriate or infringe upon Company’s rights or the rights of others, including, without limitation, by creating any derivative works based on the Content of the Website.
– Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware,” “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”);
– Use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot (or “bot”), scraper or offline reader that accesses the Website or use or launch any unauthorized script;
cover or obscure any banner or other advertisement on the Website;
– Take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
– Interfere or attempt to interfere with the security or proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website;
– Bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website.
5. USER’S WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that: (i) you are over 18 and you have the legal right and authority to enter into this Agreement and are fully able and competent to satisfy the in your jurisdiction and to comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian has read and agreed to these Terms on your behalf; (ii) all information you provide to Company is accurate and complete; and (iii) you hold and will continue to hold all rights necessary to enter into and perform your obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms.
6. USER INTERACTIONS AND DISPUTES
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Website, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.
7. NON-COMMERCIAL USE BY WEBSITE USERS
Members of this movie review networking Website are prohibited to use the services of the Website in connection with any commercial endeavors or ventures. This includes providing links to other Websites, whether deemed competitive to this Website or not, Juridical persons or entities including but not limited to organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become members of Extrafeatures.ca and should not use site for any purpose.
8. LINKS AND FRAMINGS
Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the site’s services, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action may be taken. Some links, however, are welcome to the site and you are allowed to establish hyperlinks to appropriate parts within the site, provided that: (i) you post your link only within the review, blog, or message section; (ii) you do not remove or obscure any advertisements, copyright notices or other notices that are placed on the site; (iii) the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site and (iv) you immediately stop providing any links to the site on written notice from us. However, you must check the copyright notice on the homepage to which you wish to link to make sure that one of our content providers does not have its own policies regarding direct links to their content on our site.
9. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND EXCLUSIONS / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the program or any products sold through the program (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors. We may change, restrict access to, suspend, or discontinue the site or any part of the site at anytime. The information, content, and services on the site are provided on an “as is” basis. When you use the site and participate therein, you understand and agree that you participate at your own risk.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You hereby acknowledge that all rights, titles and interests, including but not limited to rights covered by the Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the site, and that you will not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the site except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any of our services, software, or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute of similar service or product through use of or access to the program or proprietary information related thereto.
You agree not to disclose information you obtain from us and/or from our clients, advertisers, suppliers, and forum members. All information submitted by an end-user pursuant to a program is proprietary information of ExtraFeatures.ca. Such user information is confidential and may not be disclosed. Publisher agrees not to reproduce, disseminate, sell, distribute or commercially exploit any such proprietary information in any manner.
12. PROMOTIONS AND CONTESTS
This Website may contain or offer sweepstakes or other promotions, which may be governed by a separate set of rules that describe the sweepstakes or promotion and may have eligibility requirements, such as certain age or geographic area restrictions. It is your responsibility to read those rules to determine whether or not your participation, registration or entry will be valid and to determine the sponsor’s requirements of you in connection with the applicable sweepstakes or promotion.
13. NON-ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS
Your rights of whatever nature cannot be assigned nor transferred to anybody, and any such attempt may result in the termination of this Agreement without liability to us. However, we may assign this Agreement to any person at any time without notice.
Failure of ExtraFeatures.ca to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms, conditions, and covenants hereof shall not be deemed a relinquishment or waiver of any rights or remedy that we may have, nor shall it be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the terms, conditions, or covenants hereof, which terms and conditions and covenants shall continue to be in full force and effect.
15. SEVERABILITY OF TERMS
In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found invalid pursuant to any judicial decree or decision, such provision shall be deemed to apply only to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of Extrafeatures.ca, without any reference to conflict-of-laws principles. The Agreement describes and encompasses the entire Agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous Agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Site, the contents and materials provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement.
17. VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS
Company will determine your compliance with these Terms and any Additional Terms in its sole discretion. Any violation of these Terms or any Additional Terms may result in restrictions on your access to all or part of the Website and may be referred to law enforcement authorities. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be of any force or effect unless made in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of Company. Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue this Website, or any portion thereof, without notice to you or any third party. Upon termination of your membership or access to the Website, or upon demand by Company, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Website and all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof. You are advised that Company will aggressively enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including, without limitation, the seeking of criminal prosecution against you.
Extrafeatures.ca may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 07/04/2014.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
– e-mail address
– other social networking accounts that you share with Extrafeatures.ca
– favorite movies
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We gather this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– internal record keeping.
– we use the information to recommend movies we think you may like.
– we may e-mail you if a user replies to a post that you have made or commented on.
– we may use the information to customize the Website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
21. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to other Websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other Website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the Website in question.
22. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for that box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Extrafeatures@gmail.com.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Extrafeatures@gmail.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To contact Extra Features, please use the following:
OUR CONTACT PAGE: click here